This year we will be piloting a ‘friends’ of the Priest Training Fund scheme. It costs around £78 per day to train a seminarian. We are therefore suggesting that parishioners set up monthly standing orders of £6.50 to support one day of a seminarian’s training per year. Naturally, this is only a suggested amount and all regular gifts are welcome.
With the support of the Director of Vocations, Fr Nicholas Williams, wider plans to acknowledge the support of parishioners are also being developed. As always, please explain the importance of this appeal to parishioners both in person and through all communication channels – when ‘live streaming’ Mass, in newsletters, on parish websites and across social media.
Aims and Objectives
To communicate the benefits of supporting the appeal as an investment in the future.
- Following the closure of Virgin Money Giving the QR Code on the former Priest Training Fund posters will no longer work. Please use the new Priest Training Fund posters that will be sent to your parish in the weeks ahead. The new QR Code will take you to a live donation page here.
- For the first time parishioners will be able to make an automatically recurring monthly donation online via the diocesan website at Donate to Archdiocese of Cardiff | InvestMyCommunity. You may want to add this link to social media posts or emails.
- Priest Training Fund leaflets, Gift Aid Envelopes and posters will be distributed to parishes ahead of the appeal. Leaflets and envelopes can once again be put out on pews or handed to parishioners as they come in for Mass.
- Articles will be run in the April edition of the Catholic People and made available on the diocesan website. Special thanks are owed to Fr Nicholas and Deacon Elliot for their help.
- Alongside materials supporting the Priest Training Fund appeal are three additional posters – one concerning Gift Aid, Gift Aid Myths and the other promoting Standing Orders – which you may find useful.
- A limited social media campaign to promote the appeal is planned. Please reshare posts on your own social media (Twitter, Facebook and Instagram), or create your own.
Thank you for your prayers and generous support of the Priesthood
We rely on the prayers and generosity of our parishes and parishioners to support the formation of our priests and deacons here in the Archdiocese of Cardiff.
Priest Training Fund Annual Appeal – 7th & 8th May 2022
If you would like to donate to the Priest Training Fund, you can do so via:
- Online: rcadc.org/priest-training-fund
- Scan: QR code via your camera phone
- Cheque: made payable to Priest Training Fund – send to the postal address below with Gift Aid declaration.
If you would like to support the Priest Training Fund appeal you can also request a gift aid envlope at your parish church.
If you would like to become a ‘friend’ of the Priest Training Fund with a monthly gift, or are interested in supporting future priests with a gift in your Will, please contact the development team at email@example.com
Address: Priest Training Fund, Archbishop’s House, 41/43 Cathedral Road, Cardiff, CF11 9HD
Your generosity and prayers make this possible. Thank you.